Shine At The End

Wednesday, August 5 2009 03.30 WIB

4 August 2009, we were shocked by the death of Mbah Surip. As we called him Mbah, he was die at the age 60, an average life of Indonesian people. What makes it big is that Mbah Surip is just only famous as his song 'Tak Gendong' is a big hits at the moment. One rumour says the RBT was activated at least by 8 million people that he should have been a millionaire. His producer couldn't confirm this as he said he hasn't got any report from the operators yet, but he suspected the news was true. In one television show before he die, the producer ask him why he never asks his earnings from the records, Mbah Surip like usual just give big laugh and say

"what for? If it should be mine, it will be mine"

Mbah Surip is a typical Javanese philosophist that believes in God's will. Between his jokes and sometimes 'not understable' words, he says wise things like obeying our parents and have their agreement in our life. A lot of interesting things revealed after his death like his high educational background that helped him work overseas for years, or how he started his adventure as an artist more than 20 years ago and only got his star shining recently. My conclusion on the short things I found about him is that he was someone who believed in his dreams and his 'soul' has called him to leave what he has before and becoming an artist that ended him where he is now. Yes, we should not forgot that he might died because of no management in his new bussiness, but he has made his choice and I believed he died happily.

Speaking about Mbah Surip some people reported that his death has overcome Michael Jackson's death news. But I won't bother that, Michael death has only shocked also, eventough his not young anymore and his star was fading after not being actively recording anymore he is still the 'King of Pop'. I myself am one of his fans, especially in the 90's. My favorite is still 'You're Not Alone' and 'Heal The World', while songs like 'Black or White', 'Ben' and some others are five stars in my playlist. One of the strongest memories related to Michael was 15 years ago when I lived with my Grandfather. That time my Grandfather bought 'Dangerous' album. He liked to played 'Gone Too Soon' in his new stereo. Not so long after that, he was really 'gone'. The song that wonderfully written by Babyface is one of the song that I liked and made me remember that moment whenever I heard it, including the moment when my cousin that already lived long with my Grandfather usually heard the song in our house in silence.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello old friends

Devilito

Tirta Yatra ke Blambangan dan Lumajang